- Vehicle Shippers is the transport of a vehicle from a seller in one place to a buyer in another place. This includes country to country shipping as well as state to state shipping. Auto shipping and transport was largely a commercial activity conducted by dealers, manufacturers and brokers until the last ten to fifteen years. The explosion of Internet use has allowed this niche service to grow and reach the general consumer marketplace.
- Preparing your car for shipping. You will be completely responsible for getting your car ready for shipment. Preparing your car for transport should not take much time and will help ensure that shipping your car goes smoothly. Of course, ask your car transporter if they have any additional tips for how you can prepare your vehicle. Vehicle transport does not need to be a hassle.
- Insurance. Your car insurance company may cover your car while in transit. Check with your auto insurance company to verify whether your car insurance applies during auto transport. While auto transport companies do insure your vehicle during transport, they DO NOT insure personal items left in the car. Your home policy may cover these articles. You can check with your home insurance agent to verify. However, it is best not to include any personal items in your vehicle
- Door to Door Service vs. Terminal to Terminal. Automotive shipping companies offer several levels of service, depending on how quickly you need your vehicle shipped, how much you want to pay, and where the car needs to be picked up and delivered. The most common service types you will be offered when shipping your car are door-to-door and terminal-to-terminal service. While door-to-door service simplifies the auto transport process, terminal-to-terminal shipping offers significant savings.
- Open Trailers. Open carriers are the type of car transporters you are probably most familiar with. You are most likely to see these frequently traveling down the highway. These trailers leave the vehicle visible and open to weather and other conditions you would encounter while driving. Most can carry up to 12 vehicles at a time. Many customers do not like how dirty their vehicles appear after using open carrier transporters. However, some companies use plastic wrap or heavy tarps to protect the vehicle from dirt and damage.
- Enclosed Transport. For first time transporters, enclosed auto shipping means your vehicle will be transported in an enclosed container that allows it to get from pickup to drop-off free from dust, sand, and other elements of the road. For a small premium you can ask for this service and in return your vehicle can enjoy the benefits of traveling safe and protected.
- Transporting a motorcycle, or ATV. If you are transporting a motorcycle or ATV, it is loaded onto a specially-designed pallet and strapped securely with tie-downs to the pallet from strategically placed eye loops to protect fragile parts, and stabilize your motorcycle in an upright position. Your motorcycle or ATV is loaded into the truck using a powered lift gate. Transportation in our enclosed trucks means your bike/ATV is protected from weather, theft and debris.
- Classic or exotic car transport. Transporting an exotic or classic car takes extra care and experience by those who are performing the move. Owners of rare, restored, or highly expensive cars need to be assured that their vehicle is in safe hands and that the people involved in the move know how to effectively handle any problems or issues that may arise.
- Arrival of the car. Remember, vehicle transport companies are rarely able to provide specific pick-up and delivery times. Unforeseen problems, like traffic or breakdowns, can cause potential delays. Patience and preparation are essential and will make sure both you and your vehicle transporter have a positive experience.
A+ Transport Companies are the recommended shippers with the federal motor carrier safety administration. Contact them for a free quote.